Ever wonder how you can earn more money, keep it, and make it work for you?

Start your Journey To Millions today.

SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG: What Every Filipino Shouldn’t Miss!

by Edel Ramilo-Peria

Hello, friend!

Welcome to Journey to Millions!
Journey To Millions - SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG: What Every Filipino Shouldn't Miss!
If you are a fellow Filipino reading this article, you must have already heard of these three very popular government institutions:

1. SSS / Social Security System
2. PhilHealth / Philippine Health Insurance Corporation
3. Pag-IBIG Fund / Home Development Mutual Fund

But the question is, “How much do we really know about them?”

If I were to ask you now, could you tell me what each institution is for? How much does it cost to become a member? What benefits do members enjoy?

These are only some of the questions that we will try to rediscover in this article today, with the help of the top leaders of SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG, as they are very well interviewed by On The Money’s host, Edrick Mendoza.

Be surprised by how much you and I don’t know.

Watch these videos and see how you can maximize the financial opportunities our government has to offer:

SSS / Social Security System Philippines

SSS minimum monthly contribution: P104.00 Starting January 2014, SSS minimum monthly contribution is increased to P110.00

Social Security Benefits:
-Sickness benefit
-Maternity benefit
-Retirement benefit
-Disability benefit
-Death and Funeral benefit

SSS Loans:
-Salary Loan
-Housing Loans
-Business Loans

PhilHealth / Philippine Health Insurance Corporation

PhilHealth minimum monthly contribution: P150.00

PhilHealth Benefits:
-Inpatient Coverage
-Outpatient Coverage
-Enhanced Outpatient Benefit Package (for OFWs)

Special PhilHealth Benefits Package
-Case Rates
-TB Treatment through DOTS
-SARS and Avian Influenza Package
-Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Package

Pag-IBIG Fund / Home Development Mutual Fund

Pag-IBIG maximum monthly contribution: P100.00

Pag-IBIG Benefits:
-Savings / Provident Benefits Claim
-Short-term Loans
-Multi-purpose Loan
-Calamity Loan
-Housing Loan

Now, I bet you did get to know SSS, PhilHealth, and Pag-IBIG a lot better this time.

I hope that you take advantage of these opportunities that you have just learned. Make sure that you are an active member of these three from now on.

AND you better tell all your family and friends about this too! I’m sure, you wouldn’t want them to be left behind, right?

Cheers to your Journey to Millions, Kabayan!

Enjoying our Journey To Millions,

Edel Ramilo-Peria


If you enjoyed reading this article, get email updates (it’s free).

{ 106 comments… read them below or add one }

Pinoy Social Network June 14, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Honestly I have Phil health because of our city Mayor, but I don’t have Pag-ibig and SSS now I know the importance of SSS and Pag-ibig I will apply as much as possible.


Elvin Peria June 26, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Thank you Pinoy Social Network for dropping by to our site. We’re excited to know that you’ll also apply in SSS and Pag-IBIG. It will definitely come in handy in the future.

I am glad that your city Mayor gives you PhilHealth. I hope other city mayors are doing the same. Kudos to your city Mayor. :)


lennon agno March 11, 2014 at 8:37 am

I am an ofw. Just want to ask where can I pay my pag ibig contribution…


Elvin Peria March 12, 2014 at 8:33 am

Hi Lennon Agno,

You can try these links:
http://www.paypilipinas.com – they accept payments for SSS and Pag-IBIG. However, this comes with a P50 transaction fee.

https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/ccpayment/ – Pag-IBIG Online Payment Facility. This is limited to VISA and Mastercard holders only.

Although I haven’t tried them but a lot of sites suggest them.

I hope this helps. :)


Rose July 10, 2013 at 6:18 am

Very informative!

I want to ask your opinion. If you’re single OFW, no dependents and have been paying the maximum SSS and Philhealth contribution voluntarily, would you still recommend getting another health/life insurance from private company?


Edel Ramilo-Peria July 10, 2013 at 11:14 am

Hi, Rose! Thanks for dropping by. :-)

Health insurance and life insurance are two different things po.

Health insurance po is for everyone, bata, matanda, may ngipin o wala. :-) It protects us from health related emergencies, katulong po ng Philhealth. So, as long as we’re alive po, we’ll benefit from it. I’ve personally benefited po from HMOs thrice. Big help po talaga in times of need. :-)

As far as I know po, life insurance is not for everyone. For people with no dependents po, it might not be necessary. But if you have real estate you want to pass on to your heirs po, it might help. I believe the money po can be used to pay for the fees associated with transferring the ownership of your properties to your loved ones. :-)


Hatoya July 14, 2013 at 7:04 pm

I’m 18 years old, turning 19 this month, and have not ventured into these. Do you think I should anytime soon?

Your posts widen my “responsible-adult” perspective, thank you!


frugalexpat July 21, 2013 at 2:35 am

I always encourage others to pay their SSS contributions. I believe in their system.

For PAG-IBIG, I am member and I even availed for PAG-IBIG II program but after visiting the PAG-IBIG Makati Branch last June 2013, I was so disappointed.

Unfortunately, for OFWs, our files are only available in the Makati Branch. The payments that my sister made in the PAG-IBIG GenSan Branch would take time to be credited in my account. As they explained, they are manual. It means GenSan branch will send the files and only then they will update your contributions.

And I was even more frustrated with PAG-IBIG because I got my PAG-IBIG II number (reference) from the PAG-IBIG representative in the embassy and that was in 2011. When I asked for the statement last June 2013 in Makati Branch, they told that it was wrong, that the reference given to me was not at all for PAG-IBIG II.

I was so furious about it. How could their representative gave a wrong information.

I am not at ease paying my contributions because the PAG-IBIG system sucks.


Elvin Peria July 31, 2013 at 10:30 am

Hi frugalexpat,

Thank you for sharing your Pag-IBIG experience.

I agree with you, it would be very hard to trust if there’s a delay in the processing of the contributions or the representative gave wrong and misleading information.

I hope the Pag-IBIG officials can do something about this.


chasen July 30, 2013 at 10:26 am

typo error, minimum pagibig contribution of P100.00 not maximum. :)
I have increased my monthly pag-ibig contribution to P1,000. I was convinced by the Pagibig tv ad. hehe.
Nice blog. :)


Elvin Peria July 31, 2013 at 9:28 am

Hi chasen,

Thank you for dropping by.

We’re glad that you were convinced by the Pag-IBIG TV ad. :)

Regarding the contribution, I asked our HR about this. She told me that P100 is the maximum contribution of an employee and employer to Pag-IBIG but an employee can go as high as P1000 per month para makapag-loan ng malaki for a property.

This is verified in RA 9679 (Home Development Mutual Fund Law of 2009) which states, “the maximum monthly compensation used in computing the employee contributions is currently set at P5,000. This means that the maximum member contribution and employer counterpart per month are both currently P100.”


thess September 27, 2013 at 2:56 am

im a soon to be mom… and found out na hindi huhulugan ng employer namin ang aming pagibig contributions while we’re on maternity leave (about 78 days/more than 2 months). ang question ko po ay legal po ba ito na hindi nila hulugan dahil hindi naman daw po kami nagreport sa work?



Elvin Peria September 27, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Hi Ms Thess,

I asked an HR friend about this and he said that it is legal. Wala kasing income si employee na nakamaternity leave, so walang pagkukuhanan ng statutory contributions. The employer is not obliged to pay the employee. Although, there are companies who give salary to their employees even on maternity leave.


Marilou Anila September 30, 2013 at 1:58 pm

I’ve erroneously paid for the april to june 2013 philhealth contributions of my husband – have paid P 300 when it should have been P 450 na pala.

What shall I do to correct this mistake?


Elvin Peria September 30, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Hi Marilou Anila,

Based on PhilHealth’s FAQ section, you can have overpayments to cover your underpayments in April to June 2013.

By the way, thanks for dropping by. :)


maricar January 28, 2014 at 2:31 pm

hello pano po pala babayaran yung underpayments mo sa mga bayadcenter ? kasi i paid 450 for the advance payment of january 2014 to march 2014 pero nagbayad ako noon nung december 2013 pa .. since tumaas na pala ang premiums for individually paying member 600 na pala quartrly .. paano po kaya yun ?


Elvin Peria January 28, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Hi Maricar,

Based po on the SSS Contribution table memo, you can do the following:

1. You may opt not to pay the underpayment of 150. However, you will be assigned to the lower maximum salary credit.

2. Or pay the balance to be retained at the same maximum salary credit.

You may read the full disclosure on this link: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/printversion.jsp?id=4945&file=SSS_Contribution_Table_Ad.html

I hope this helps.


Leovs September 30, 2013 at 10:55 pm

how to voluntary increase the monthly contribution to Pag-IBIG?


Elvin Peria October 1, 2013 at 8:15 am

Hi Leovs,

Thank you for dropping by.

If you’re employed, just tell your employer that you want to increase your monthly contributions. They’ll process it for you. In case you don’t have an employer, visit any Pag-IBIG office and pay the increased amount there.

This was verified when I called their hotline. :)


Wanderlust October 6, 2013 at 1:04 am

Is sss, pagibig, philhealth a requirement to be deducted on the salary? Please explain whar should be indicated on pay slip.

Thank you.


Elvin Peria October 6, 2013 at 11:11 am

Hi Wanderlust.

If you’re employed, SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG are mandatory and part of your payslip as a deduction along with taxes.

If you’re not employed, it is up to you if you want to enjoy the benefits of SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG. You just need to do pay the contribution voluntarily.


Wanderlust October 6, 2013 at 3:16 pm

Ok thank you. How much is the maximum payment and the tax deductions?


Elvin Peria October 8, 2013 at 7:54 am

Hi Wanderlust,

The tax deduction depends on the person’s income. The maximum is P125,000 + 32% of the excess over P500,000. This is applicable to those people earning P500,000 or more per year. You can view the table on this link: http://www.businessforum.ph/threads/600-Income-Tax-Rate-Table-for-Individual-Taxpayers-in-the-Philippines.

As for the maximum payment, you may refer on these sites:





Mel November 4, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Is there a way to pay for these 3 online? Like via any other bills?


Elvin Peria November 4, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Hi Mel,

In my research, there are online payment facilities available for these three government institutions. However, for PhilHealth, it is only limited to employers.

You can try these links:
http://www.paypilipinas.com – they accept payments for SSS and Pag-IBIG. However, this comes with a P50 transaction fee.

https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/ccpayment/ – Pag-IBIG Online Payment Facility. This is limited to VISA and Mastercard holders only.

http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/services/epay/ – PhilHealth’s Electronic Payment Facility. This is limited to employers.

I haven’t tried using these payment facilities online since my employer does it for me and my HR friend recommends to just pay over-the-counter for thees three. If you’re willing to try, I would appreciate if you can give us a feedback.

I hope this helps.


maylin madula November 22, 2013 at 11:12 am

Kasambahay po ako for 4yrs na, wala pa po akong Pag-ibig at Philhealth. Yung SSS ko po last July lang binayaran ng employee ko. Gusto ko pong magbayad/mag contribute sa Pag-ibig at Philhealth. Ask ko lng po ok lang po ba na ako na mismo ang magbabayad? Kasi di naman po ako kinuhan/binabayaran ng employee ko po.


Elvin Peria November 24, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Hi Ms Maylin,

Saludo po ako sa inyo dahil kahit hindi kayo kinuhanan ng employer nyo ng PhilHealth at Pag-IBIG ay gusto nyo pong magcontribute voluntarily.

Tungkol po sa inyong tanong, okay lang po na kayo na po mismo ang magbayad ng inyong contribution sa PhilHealth at Pag-IBIG. Wala pong problema yun.

Pero sa pagkakaalam ko po, dahil naisabatas na ang Kasambahay Law, entitled na po ang kasambahay na mabigyan ng employer ng mga benepisyo. Kasama po dito ang coverage sa SSS, PhilHealth at Pag-IBIG. Base po sa Section 30 ng Kasambahay Law,

A domestic worker who has rendered at least one (1) month of service shall be covered by the Social Security System (SSS), the Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), and the Home Development Mutual Fund or Pag-IBIG, and shall be entitled to all the benefits in accordance with the pertinent provisions provided by law.

Premium payments or contributions shall be shouldered by the employer. However, if the domestic worker is receiving a wage of Five thousand pesos (P5,000.00) and above per month, the domestic worker shall pay the proportionate share in the premium payments or contributions, as provided by law.


Ruby December 6, 2013 at 8:54 am

I was employed years ago in Manila (now in Cebu) and I loss track of my Philhealth. How can I know if I’m still a member I don’t have with me any documents pertaining my employer paying and I also don’t have my membership ID/number.


Elvin Peria December 8, 2013 at 11:24 pm

Hi Ruby,

First of all, thank you for dropping by in Journey To Millions.

I would suggest that you contact your previous employer so that you can have your PhilHealth number. I’m sure they have it, kung kinakaltasan ka nila ng sweldo buwan buwan. In case you cannot contact them anymore, you may visit PhilHealth branch in Cebu. For sure, they can answer all your queries.

Here’s their Regional Office’s address and telephone number.
8/F, Golden Peak Hotel & Suites,
Gorordo Ave. Corner Escario St., 6000 Cebu City
(032) 2337519

You may also want to visit local health insurance offices.
Danao City, Cebu
Rizal St., 6004 Danao City, Cebu
(032) 200-4526 | (032) 200-3827 (T/F)

Carcar, Cebu
Brgy. Perrelos, 6019 Carcar, Cebu
(032) 516-7544 | (032) 487-8501 (T/F)

Mandaue City, Cebu
Lopez Jaena Corner Logarta Sts., Subangdaku, 6014 Mandaue CIty
(032) 505-2194 | (032) 505-3022 (T/F)

I hope this helps.


michelle December 28, 2013 at 12:21 am


stumbled on your site online. thank you for your very informative article regarding SSS, philhealth and HDMF. a quick question, can i request my company’s HR to increase my SSS employee contributions up to the point that it matches my company’s contribution? would there be any cases where HR would decline this request?

many thanks in advance and more power to your blog!


Elvin Peria January 1, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Hi Michelle,

Happy New Year and thank you for visiting our site! :)

As far as I know, SSS contributions are dependent on your monthly salary. So, to answer your question, you cannot request your company’s HR to increase your SSS contribution to match your employer’s contribution. You may refer to the latest Schedule of SS and EC contributions from the SSS website.

Here’s the link: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/printversion.jsp?id=4945&file=anew1952.html

I hope this answer your question.


michelle January 1, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Thank you for your reply Elvin,

I understand. I had hoped that like Pag-ibig I can increase my contributions as well. But if not I can live with that :-)

Happy New Year!


joy January 4, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Hi! am planning to avail the pag ibig housing loan amouting to 1.5M but I am only paying 100 pesos for my pag-ibig contribution. If I would increase my contribution to 700 pesos, how long would it take before I can avail the housing loan? If I increase to 700 pesos would that mean that my total contribution will be 800 pesos since the mandatory share of my employer is 100 pesos?


Elvin Peria January 6, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Hi Joy,

You are right, you need to increase your contribution in Pag-IBIG to avail a housing loan amounting to 1.5M. If you’re contributing for 24 months (or more), ask your HR that you will increase your contribution so that they can process it for you. Once your increased contribution is reflected in the Pag-IBIG system, you can now apply for a 1.5M loan.

You may call Pag-IBIG hotline (or visit their office) for more details.


Meg January 10, 2014 at 3:23 pm

What if my employer deducted Philhealth contri more than what is required by PHIC. Can we offset it against future payments? What should the employer do?


Elvin Peria January 13, 2014 at 12:05 pm

Hi Meg,

I raised your concern in PhilHealth and they said, “…in case like this, we suggest that the employer should be the one who request for the adjustment or offsetting of the contributions. If the employer found out that they are deducting more than the prescribe contributions based on the schedule of payment. The employer should coordinate directly at PhilHealth Office and submit the corresponding documents like payroll and request letter for the adjustment.”


rellie January 16, 2014 at 4:30 pm

hi,ask ko lng po kung san po pwde magbayad ng sss,pag-ibig at philhealth ng isang bayadan lng po.?pwde po b s mga bayad center,mbilis din po b nila ito iremit s mga naturang asensya?


Elvin Peria January 17, 2014 at 9:27 am

Hi Rellie, According to the website of each institutions (for SSS, multiple sources say it’s possible). You can pay them at SM Payment Facilities and Bayad Centers.

You may refer to these links for more info.

PhilHealth: http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/partners/collecting/
Pag-IBIG: http://www.pagibigfund.gov.ph/payments/paymentfacilities.html


rellie January 17, 2014 at 11:33 am

thank you for this info…


shyla morales January 20, 2014 at 8:09 am

Good day. Nagbabayad po ako ng philhealth every quarterly. Hindi po ako nakapagbayad ng last working ng Dec.2013, para po sa Jan-Mar 2014 po. Puwede pa po bang magbayad ngayong January para po mahabol ko at hindi mag-back to zero po ang payment ko. Thank you po!


Elvin Peria January 20, 2014 at 9:08 am

Hi Shyla,

Good day! Pwede kang magbayad ngayong January para icover ang Jan-Mar 2014. You may refer to PhilHealth’s FAQ for more details. Eto po yung link: http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/employed/faqs.html


shyla morales January 20, 2014 at 9:24 am

Ask ko rin po ano po ang mga requirements para mag-voluntary payment po ako sa SSS at mabayaran po ung dati ko po na-loan kc po hindi na po ako nagwo-work ngayon para po maiwasan ang penalty. Thank po ulit.


Elvin Peria January 20, 2014 at 10:57 am

Hi again Shyla. Based sa SSS FAQ, Form RS-5 lang ang kailangan. Here’s an excerpt from the SSS website.

Separated Members

A member who is separated from employment or ceases to be self-employed/OFW/non-working spouse may continue paying contributions through SSS Form RS-5 using the previously assigned SS number. Posting of said payment will change the membership status from covered employee, self-employed, OFW or non-working spouse to a voluntary paying member.


mae navarro January 20, 2014 at 9:24 pm

May philhealth po ako dati when i was still employed from 2002 – 2008 pero di ko alam philhealth number ko kasi centralized ang company sa main office lahat transaction ng payments. Di na ako nakapagbayad nong nagresign ako 2008 hanggang ngayon. Ma retrieve pa ba yong mga payments ko noon?

Buntis ako ngayon naisipan kong kumuha ng philhealth number ulit kasi gusto ko makapagbayad para maka avail naman ng benefits sa kabuwanan ko.

Pwede kayang e merge ang payments ko sa dati at sa bago?

Thank you po.


Elvin Peria January 20, 2014 at 10:17 pm

Hi Ms Mae,

Mas maganda po siguro kung makakabisita kayo sa PhilHealth office na malapit po sa inyo para maitanong nyo ang PhilHealth number nyo. Kailangan nyo din po kasing i-update ang Member Data Record (MBR) saka makapagbayad ng at least 3 months premium within 6 months bago makapagclaim. Mas maganda po na maihanda nyo ang mga kakailanganin bago po kayo manganak.

Nakita ko din po pala sa isa nyong comment na member din po ng PhilHealth ang asawa ninyo. Nakakapagcontribute pa din po ba sya ng premium hanggang ngayon? Noong nahospital po kasi ang misis ko, dineclare ko sya as dependent (that time, inactive member din sya). Nagsubmit lang ako ng MDR saka photocopy ng aming marriage contract, para maupdate ang record ko sa PhilHealth. Nakapagclaim naman po kami.

Regarding po sa huli ninyong tanong, hindi nyo na po kailangang magpamember ulit dahil sa pagkakaalam ko ay for lifetime na ang membership nun, ganun din po sa SSS at Pag-IBIG.


mae navarro January 20, 2014 at 10:27 pm

ofw ang asawa ko, parang yearly yong bayad nila. Bago umalis bayad ata cla ng isang taong kasi need sa EOC nila.

So, anung magandang gawin kasi dobli na philhealth ko, pwde kaya e merge ang payment ko para isang membership nalang?

Ty ulit


Elvin Peria January 20, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Sa tingin ko po isa lang ang PhilHealth number ninyo, kasi lifetime membership po kasi ang PhilHealth, unless nagpalit po kayo ng pangalan.. Bukas po ng 8AM-5PM, subukan nyo pong tumawag dito sa number na ito: (02)-441-7442. Yan po ang Call Center ng PhilHealth. Kapag may nakausap na po kayo, ibigay nyo po ang full name ninyo saka ang inyong birthday para po makuha ninyo ang inyo pong PhilHealth number.


mae navarro January 20, 2014 at 10:55 pm

I see, kasi ang niregister ko na bago ay yong married name ko na. Ty much

Elvin Peria January 21, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Hi Ms Mae,

I asked your question sa aking HR friend, he mentioned po na kung aware kayo na may 2 kayong number sa PhilHealth, maganda po na pumunta kayo sa office para maconsolidate nila ang dalawa ninyong number. Ang irerequest nyo po ay Member Data Record (MDR). Magdala lang daw po kayo ng certificate of contributions from previous employer.


mae navarro January 20, 2014 at 9:26 pm

At yong asawa ko rin ay my philhealth din.


mae navarro January 20, 2014 at 10:28 pm

yearly cla ngbabayad kc ofw.


Elvin Peria January 21, 2014 at 3:52 pm

I hope maishare nyo din po bukas dito sa comment section kung ano pong nangyari sa concern nyo sa PhilHealth kung makakatawag kayo sa kanila. Ipagtatanong ko din po bukas ang concern nyo.

Marami pong salamat sa pagbisita sa Journey To Millions. :)


Liezel January 22, 2014 at 9:26 pm

Re: PAG IBIG Housing Loan

Our Barangay is currently under reblocking/housing projects of the government under RA9207 known as National Government Center Act of 2003. Which granted security of tenure to the bonafide residents. Thru that project, aayusin ung mga bahay-bahay dun, mga kalsada etc kaya ung karamihan ng mga bahay marereblock which means mauurong ung bahay o malilipat ng pwesto pero within the area pa din. It so happened na ung kinatatayuan ng bahay namin ngaun ay magiging kalsada accdg. to the subdivision plan kaya ayun, kailangan namin ng assistance para magtayo ng bahay dun sa area na paglilipatan. Pwede ba ako mag avail ng housing loan para sa pagpapatayo ng bahay na “ang lot ay grant lang ng government”? Im a currently employed by the way.


Elvin Peria January 23, 2014 at 7:26 pm

Hi Liezel, I’m not sure where will your case fit in on the housing loan program of Pag-IBIG. I’m quoting the housing loan from the Pag-IBIG website.

a. Purchase of a fully developed lot not exceeding one 1,000 square meters, which should be within a residential area;

b. Purchase of a residential house and lot, townhouse or condominium unit, inclusive of a parking slot. The unit may be: (1) Old or brand new; (2) A property mortgaged with the Fund; or (3) An acquired asset, which is disposed of through sealed public bidding, negotiated sale, or the Rent-to-Own Program.

c. Construction or completion of a residential unit on a lot owned by the member;

d. Home improvement, i.e. any alteration in an existing residential unit intended by a homeowner to be a permanent integral part of the property, which will enhance its durability and material value;

e. Refinancing of an existing mortgage with an institution acceptable to the Fund, provided that: (1) The loan is not in default within the 12 months prior to the date of application; (2) The said loan has a repayment history of at two years with the original mortgagee

f. Combination of loan purposes, which shall be limited to the following: (1) Purchase of a fully developed lot not exceeding 1,000square meters and construction of a residential unit thereon; (2) Purchase of a residential unit, whether old or new, with home improvement; (3) Refinancing of an existing mortgage with home improvement; (4) Refinancing of an existing mortgage, specifically a lot loan, with construction of a residential unit thereon.

I think it would be best if you can visit Pag-IBIG office (or call their hotline) directly to get the answer you’re seeking.


demos February 9, 2014 at 12:06 am

Hi Good day po, ask ko lng kasi i dont know if my account is still active. i worked as a crew in a fast food chain while im still in college way back 2005. I have my sss that time na kinakaltas sa sahod ko mga 3 months lng ako tumagal sa work ko nag resign ako kasi my conflict sa schedule ko sa school and hindi na ko nakapag hulog from that time to present. And right now gsto ko ulit hulugan ung sss ko or do i need to apply for a new account? btw i work as a freelance web programmer for almost 3 years so dun ba ko sa self employed na bracket or voluntary? or if pwede pa ung old account ko pano kaya ung process nun?



Elvin Peria February 9, 2014 at 10:15 pm

Hi Demos,

Since 2005 pa ang huli mong SSS contribution, inactive SSS member ka na.

It would be best if you can visit an SSS office near you para maging active SSS member ka. I think, they’ll ask you to just pay the contribution for the current month at magiging active member ka na ulit. Although, I am not sure if you’ll be a voluntary member or self-employed.

Regarding your SSS account, you can still use it, lifetime kasi ang SSS ID. Once nabigyan na tayo, yun na yun.

Hope this helps and thanks for visiting Journey To Millions. :)


ttapohj February 12, 2014 at 2:12 pm


Inquire ko lang hindi ba pwede mag loan ng Pag-ibig multi-purpose loan kung galing ka ng maternity leave kahit na member ka sine 2000?


Elvin Peria February 12, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Hi ttapohj,

Depende. If you are eligible for a multi-purpose loan, walang reason si Pag-IBIG para hindi ka payagan magloan. Base sa website ng Pag-IBIG, eto yung requirements for a new loan:

1. With at least twenty-four (24) monthly contributions.

2. An active member at the time of loan application, with at least five (5) monthly contributions for the last six (6) months.

3. Member-applicant’s net take home pay shall not fall below the minimum requirement of the General Appropriations Act (GAA) or company policy, whichever is applicable.

4. If with existing calamity loan, a member shall be allowed to avail of the MPL only after payment of at least six (6) monthly amortizations. The outstanding balance, together with any accrued interests, penalties and charges, shall be deducted from the proceeds of the MPL.

For more details, you may call Pag-IBIG hotline (02) 724-4244 or visit their office near you.


ttapohj February 12, 2014 at 2:36 pm


Additional inquiry, how can i update my employer’s address in online registration? Employer’s details is not included in the list for updating?

please advise.



Elvin Peria February 18, 2014 at 11:51 am

Hi ttaphoj,

I found it in the Pag-IBIG Online Registration. Here’s the link: https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/PubReg/Starter_Page.aspx

The employer’s details can be found on the 6th tab. You need to answer tabs 1 to 5 (Member Info, Other Info, Address, Contacts, Beneficiaries) first before you can go to the 6th tab.

If you still can’t see it, it would be best if you visit any Pag-IBIG branches near you.


ttapohj February 17, 2014 at 10:44 am

how can i update my employer’s address in online registration? Employer’s details is not included in the list for updating?


Nath February 18, 2014 at 11:59 am


Ask ko lang po if pwede po ako mag apply sa pag ibig eventhough Im still unemployed? and how much po is the monthly contributions and period of payment? Thank you


Elvin Peria February 18, 2014 at 12:50 pm

Hi Nath,

Yes. Pwede kang mag-apply sa Pag-IBIG kahit unemployed ka. You just need to fill up two copies of Members Data Form (MDF) and Payment Order Form (POF).

As for the other details you should know:

1. Monthly contributions of unemployed members shall be P100.00.
2. The unemployed member has the option to upgrade his monthly contributions, but may not downgrade the amount.
3. Unemployed members may avail of the Multi-Purpose Loan, but not a housing loan from Pag-IBIG.
4. Individual payers or voluntary members have the option to choose their terms of payment, e.g. monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly, etc.

Mas maganda po kung bibisita kayo sa pinkamalapit na Pag-IBIG branch sa area nyo para mas masagot nila ang tanong nyo. :)

Source: http://www.gov.ph/services/pag-ibig-services/


shane February 26, 2014 at 9:36 am

What is the basis of salary bracket for SSS contribution, does it include COLA, Holiday, OT? Or basic pay lang po?



Elvin Peria February 26, 2014 at 11:13 am

Hi Shane,

I asked our HR about this and he told me that the basis of salary bracket for SSS contribution is only basic pay.

Hope this helps.


Jobelle March 1, 2014 at 1:13 pm


Ask ko lang po. I paid my Philhealth contribution last Dec.31,2013 (covering the Oct-Dec. 2013 quarter) in LBC. Will it be posted in the system right away since December 31 is non-working holiday? Concern ko po kasi baka hindi makarga sa Oct-Dec.2013 yung nabayad ko and magreflect siya for Jan-Mar 2014 na payment. Hope to hear from you.


Elvin Peria March 1, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Hi Jobelle,

I think by default, the payment you made last December 31 will cover your January to March 2014 payment and not October to December. You may verify it on the nearest PhilHealth office near you. Here’s the link that you can use to see the office near you: http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/about_us/map/regional.htm. You can also call their hotline.


gerrylp March 14, 2014 at 12:42 am

Hi po,
Tanong lang po ako kung ano ang computation para sa sss pension, kc may premiun n akong 173 months at 125k na contributions? Thanks and more power.


Elvin Peria March 14, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Hi Gerrylp,

According to the SSS website, here’s how you can compute for your pension.

The monthly pension depends on the members paid contributions, including the credited years of service (CYS) and the number of dependent minor children but not to exceed five. The amount of monthly pension will be the highest of:

the sum of P300 plus 20 percent of the average monthly salary credit plus 2 per cent of the average monthly salary credit for each accredited year of service (CYS) in excess of ten years; or

40 per cent of the average monthly salary credit; or

P1,200, provided that the credited years of service (CYS) is at least 10 or more but less than 20 or P2,400, if the CYS is 20 or more. The monthly pension is paid for not less than 60 months.

A retiree has the option to receive the first 18 monthly pension in lump sum discounted at a preferential rate of interest to be determined by the SSS. The option should be exercised upon filing of the first retirement claim. Only advance payments shall be discounted on the date of the payment. The dependents’ pension and 13th month pensions are excluded from the 18 months lump sum pension.

The member will receive the monthly pension on the 19th month and every month thereafter.

You may refer to this link for more details: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/printversion.jsp?id=73&file=ben5000.html


gerrylp March 17, 2014 at 5:20 am

Thank you Mr. Elvin…


Elvin Peria March 17, 2014 at 12:04 pm

Hi Gerrylp,

We’ll cover this in more detail on future post. :)


Myra Pangilinan March 15, 2014 at 6:49 am

Hello pwede po ba magtanong nagtrabaho po kc ako sa isang small company nung 2005 hanggang 2011 pero wala po kami sss philhealth at pagibig ngaun po apply ako ng panibagong work kailangan ng sss philhealth at pagbig id pano po kaya ako kukuha nun? Voluntary po b ilalagay ko requirements na po kc sa panibagong company na inaaplayan ko. Please sana matulungan nyo po ako sa dapat kong gawin


Elvin Peria March 15, 2014 at 11:08 am

Hi Myra,

Pwede mo pong itanong sa HR nyo kung sila na ang mag-aasikaso ng SSS, PhilHEalth and Pag-IBIG. Pwede nyo pong sabihin sa kanila na hindi kayo nabigyan ng SSS, PhilHealth at Pag-IBIG dun sa pinagtrabahuhan nyo mula 2005-2011. I-coconsider po nila na new applicant po kayo.


Myra Pangilinan March 15, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Ganun po ba oo nga po eh wala kc benepisyo dun sa dati kong work. Yan daw po kc kailangan dun sa inaapplayan ko kaso inaaplayan ko pa lang po kc yan requirements na talaga nila yan ok lng kaya kht e1 lang muna at wala pa ako philhealth at pagibig. Salamat po sa pagsagot sa tanong ko.


Jhunie March 25, 2014 at 11:03 pm


I am now in the US and was thinking better to continue paying my SSS contribution and Pagibig Housing Loan. Now my question is, do you think it is reasonable to still continue paying contribution with SSS even though I already paid more than the necessary 120 contributions? I still want to but I am not sure the advantage on doing so. Do you have an idea on how to pay online from US? For Pagibig, since it is a housing loan, I know that I need to continue payments but as per my research, there is no available remittance partners here in the US (not sure why other countries have and not US). Anyway, I can just ask my family in the PH to pay on my behalf, my only concern is the SSS contribution. To do or not to do.

Thanks in advance for your advise.


Elvin Peria March 26, 2014 at 8:40 am

Hi Jhunie,

Regarding your question, continuing your SSS contribution can increase option 1 and option 2. Please note that your pension would be the higher option of these three.

1. the sum of P300 plus 20 percent of the average monthly salary credit plus 2 per cent of the average monthly salary credit for each accredited year of service (CYS) in excess of ten years; or

2. 40 per cent of the average monthly salary credit; or

3. P1,200, provided that the credited years of service (CYS) is at least 10 or more but less than 20 or P2,400, if the CYS is 20 or more. The monthly pension is paid for not less than 60 months.

As for your other question, it would be safe if you let your trusted relatives pay on your behalf. Or you may try these online payment facilities:

Pag-IBIG: https://www.pagibigfundservices.com/ccpayment/
Pag-IBI and SSS: https://www.paypilipinas.com/

I hope this helps.


bambi d. March 26, 2014 at 6:50 am

i resigned from work last month, but i still want to continue paying my contributions. pwde po ba bayaran yung mga past payment ko if i was underpaid? and the other question is, pwde din b ako magbayad in advance? tnx.


Elvin Peria March 26, 2014 at 9:31 am

Hi Bambi,

Yes you may continue paying your contributions. I think most of the government institutions (SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG) can be paid in advance. As for underpayment, sa pag-kakaalam ko hindi mo na sya kailangan bayaran.

You may visit their offices near your area (or call their hotline), to ask them in full details.


Joann March 27, 2014 at 10:39 am

I find your post, and the comments section, very informative. Thanks, I learned a lot! :)


Elvin Peria March 27, 2014 at 10:42 am

Thanks for the visit and for appreciating Joann. :)


Ace Pineda March 27, 2014 at 3:34 pm


I would like to check if we still need to pay for the contributions of an employee who is already enjoying his pension (retirement) SSS benefits?

Note: He was a retired employee, then started working again.

Please advise.




Elvin Peria March 27, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Hi Ace,

I read a news article about SSS allowing individuals to pay their contributions even after 65. However, in your case, I think it is different because since the employee is already enjoying his pension it only means that he completed the required 120 months contribution.

I suggest that you ask this directly to SSS for clarification.

By the way, here’s the link to the news article: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/313533/economy/finance/sss-now-allows-members-to-keep-paying-past-65-to-qualify-for-pension


Jhunie March 27, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Thank you sooo much for your reply. Very helpful.


Elvin Peria March 27, 2014 at 10:53 pm

No problem. :) We’re glad that we helped you.


Confused March 27, 2014 at 6:33 pm

Hi, I have a question. Nagtrabaho po ako last year for almost 3 motnhs pero nag awol ako. Ngayon ay mag tratrabaho na ako ulit at humihingi sila ng MDR. Nagpunta po ako ng philhealth para ipaupdate and civil stat ko and dependent pero nung binigay saakin ang nakalay sa employer ay yung sa previous work ko. Hindi ko po kasi dineclare yun sa new work ko. Pwede ko po ba ipaupdate sa philhealth na hindi na ako nagtratrabaho sa prev employer ko para hindi na lumabas sa MDR? Thanks. Hope you can help me po.


Elvin Peria March 27, 2014 at 10:52 pm

Hi Confused,

I think it would be best to ask help from a PhilHealth representative but if I’m the PhilHealth representative, I will not allow it because it would mean inconsistencies on our records (PhilHealth) since your previous employer paid their part for your contributions.

I suppose ang current employer mo ay nanghihingi ng MDR because hired ka na. Since you’re already hired, I think it is safe to give them your MDR from PhilHealth (or tell them that you have a previous employer). Sayang din kasi yung three months na contribution mo.

Word of advice: the truth will set you free.


Confused March 27, 2014 at 10:59 pm

Salamat po sa reply

Nakalagay po ba dapat sa mdr yung contribution? Hindi ko din po kasis sure kung naghuhulog sila kasi ung sa tax ko tinawagan ko bir para sa TIN ko pero according to them hindi nakaregister ang pangalan ko.


Elvin Peria March 27, 2014 at 11:39 pm

I am not sure in the contents of MDR but as for the tax, sa pagkakaalam ko once a year lang nireremit ni employer ang taxes sa BIR. Employers are withholding the tax monthly but they’re paying it once a year. Dahil three months ka pa lang, malamang hindi pa nila nababayaran yun kaya wala ang name mo.

Your tax that are taken from you by your previous employer should be returned to you pag nagresign ka. I am not sure lang sa process ng AWOL.

I’ll ask my HR friends about your concern.


kaiser March 28, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I have two employers. Both are deducting sss, philhealth and pagibig. How should I treat them in Income consolidation? Thanks


Elvin Peria March 29, 2014 at 6:24 pm

Hi Kaiser,

Did your employers know that you are working for two (or more) companies? If no, better tell them to have it fixed for you. These government agencies especially SSS have a maximum contribution. Any amount greater than that would not be accepted, well as far as I know. I suggest that you clarify this with SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG.


zenicles March 30, 2014 at 2:10 am

Ask ko lang po sana kung pwde n b aq magapply ng salary loan kht d p nagrereflect ung hulog ng present employer ko from dec-march? May 37contri na po aq at may 3mos n hulog for 12months. And pwde ko po b ito isabay sa maternity leave?


Elvin Peria March 30, 2014 at 7:18 am

Hi Zenicles,

Ang requirement kasi sa SSS Salary loan based on their website ay dapat mayroong 36 posted monthly contributions (which meron ka na) at anim dito ay dapat within 12 months.

You may ask someone from SSS branch near you for clarifications.


glaiza April 4, 2014 at 6:37 pm

good day.. ask ko lng.. I apply for sss and pag-ibig kc need s pghahahnap ng work.. unfortunately, 10 months n ko wala work.. binibigay ako ng Tita ko ng 150 a week.. ngbabantay kc ako ng tindahan nila. gusto ko ngcontribute s Sss at pag-ibig at s philhealth n din.. pano po kaya ang mgging contributions ko at pano ko mgbabayad at Saan. thanks for response.


Elvin Peria April 5, 2014 at 7:59 am

Hi Glaiza,

You can do that. Just go to the nearest SSS, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG center near your place. You need to fill up forms at kailangan mong iindicate na self employed or voluntary member ka. Pag nagkawork ka na, your employer will change your status from voluntary to employed.

As for your other question on where to pay. Bayad centers and SM payment centers, to name a few, accepts payments. Pati din sa mga offices ng government institutions na to nag-aaccept sila ng payments.


Lhotte April 4, 2014 at 7:05 pm


Tanong ko lang po if emplyed ba ang 16 years old entitled pa rin sya for deduction sa tax, sss,philhealth at pag-ibig?



Truth Be Known April 10, 2014 at 5:23 pm

Hello,we have employees that don’t want to join Pag-IBIG. We as employee know it is mandatory,but if employee insist to be excluded from program,is there a penalty for employee? Are we as employer at risk of receiving penalty from Pag-IBIG?


Elvin Peria April 10, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Hi Truth Be Known,

Let me quote a text from Pag-IBIG’s FAQ section to help us in your question. They said that, “with the signing of Republic Act No. 9679, membership to the Fund shall be mandatory for the following: (a) All employees, workers, professionals, officers and companies who are compulsorily covered by the SSS and GSIS… ”

Also, I read in this a SunStar article that “The GSIS-covered employees include uniformed members of the Armed Forces of the Philippines, Bureau of Fire and Protection, Bureau of Jail Management and Penology and the Philippine National Police. The SSS-covered employees include Filipinos employed by foreign-based employers, Overseas Filipino Workers and all Filipinos, including househelp and vendors, who are earning not less than P1,000 a month.”

Given these statements, if your company is not compulsorily covered by the SSS and GSIS or the employer is earning less than P1000 a month, then your company is not required by law to pay your share for your employees’ Pag-IBIG contribution. Failure to do so could lead to fines, if not imprisonment, as this is mandated by law.

Just to make sure to avoid fines, please consult your concern to Pag-IBIG representative by calling their hotline or visit their office near you.

I hope I was able to answer your questions.


jonalyn andes April 14, 2014 at 11:05 am

hello i just want to ask how the 36 months contribution work in SSS… What are the benefit…


Elvin Peria April 14, 2014 at 11:27 am

Hi Jonalyn,

What do you mean by how the 36 months contribution work in SSS?

As for the benefits, SSS can provide the following benefits to their members: retirement, maternity, sickness, disability and death and funeral. Each have different requirements. You may refer to the SSS official website. Look for Benefits tab then Social Security Benefits.


annabelle ytang April 21, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Hi Sir,

I just want some information about disability. My mother has recently become disabled. She has SSS and Phil health. Now she in the process of applying for the benefit. What other support is available to her?

Salamat po.
Annabelle Ytang


Elvin Peria April 21, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Hi Annabelle,

Since she has SSS, she can apply for the Disability Benefit. It can be a lump sum or a monthly pension. Lump sum will be given to those who have not yet paid the required 36 monthly contributions. As for the monthly pension, it will be based on the member’s number of contribution and the years of membership. You may ask for more details from the SSS representative.

As for the PhilHealth, I read in Rappler that PhilHealth recently launched disability benefit package, however the full details were not disclosed. You may ask a PhilHealth representative for more details.


annabelle ytang April 23, 2014 at 5:50 am

Hi Sir,
Thank you very much with the info given to me.
I have another inquiry about my mother pension. The SSS pension advice to file sick leave before incapacity benefit. She been making volunteer contribution towards her pension for 5 years. I want to know if she will still receive incapacity benefit when she is 60. This year she will be 59. Every months she contributes 330 pesos for her pension. How much incapacity benefit will she receive?
The Phil Health in my father name of which my mother is co- benefactor. they have recently used Phil Health to paid for an operation on my mother leg.
She has take medication everyday and because they have no income it is difficult for them to afford the high cost involved.
Do you know , therefore of any benefit or charity which would help to pay for this essential medicine.
They live in South of Cebu City. She has many appointments with doctor which also has to be financed.
Would these cost be met by Phil Health and SSS?

Salamat po


Elvin Peria April 23, 2014 at 8:52 am

Hi Anabelle,

I don’t think PhilHealth and SSS can cover all your parent’s medical requirement. I think what you can do is seek assistance from PCSO through your Barangay.

As for the benefit she’ll receive, here’s an excerpt from the SSS website:

The lowest monthly pension is P1,000 for members with less than 10 credit years of service (CYS); P1,200 with at least 10 CYS and P2,400 with at lest 20 CYS.

Only totally and permanently disabled members will be receive a lifetime monthly pension. However, the pension will be suspended if the pensioner recovers from the illness, resumes employment or fails to report for annual physical examination when notified by the SSS. The member may request for a domiciliary or a home visit if the disability inhibits the member from reporting for re-examination by the SSS physician at any of SSS branch offices.

The monthly pension of a partially disabled member is paid up to a certain umber of months only according to the degree of disability. If with deteriorating and related permanent partial disability, the percentage degree of disability of previously granted claim shall be deducted from the percentage degree of disability of the current claim.

The monthly pension is also given in a lump sum if duration of pension is payable for less than 12 months.


emman April 22, 2014 at 4:30 pm

Hi sir,
ive been unemployed for 8months na, then magkakawork na ko this may, panu po un hindi nahulugan for 8mos ung sss pag-ibig at philhealth ko, anu po mangyayari?


Elvin Peria April 22, 2014 at 4:45 pm

Hi Emman,

Hindi na mahuhulugan yung SSS, PhilHealth at Pag-IBIG mo for 8 months. As far as I know, hindi naman sila nag-aaccept ng back payments. May hinahabol ka bang loan or something? If wala naman, okay lang yun.

Next time, i-ensure mo na lang na mahuhulugan mo sya kahit nawalan ka ng work.


emman April 22, 2014 at 6:40 pm

Thank you sir!


Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: